Crypto Briefs is your day by day, bite-sized digest of cryptocurrency and blockchain-related information – investigating the tales flying underneath the radar of immediately’s crypto information.
- Ex-CEO of German cost processor and monetary companies supplier Wirecard is in police custody over suspicion of fraud, Reuters reported earlier immediately. In response to media studies, Markus Braun turned himself in yesterday and can come earlier than a decide immediately to see whether or not or not he’ll stay in custody. Braun is being suspected of fraudulently inflating the corporate’s steadiness sheet and income to make it look extra engaging to potential buyers.
- Child milk powder is the most recent meals product to bear a blockchain facelift in China. Per media outlet Finance.China, Beinmei Dairy – certainly one of China’s main milk formulation suppliers – is now promoting its merchandise with scannable QR codes that may present clients with detailed info as to the place milk was sourced, the way it was dealt with and the way it was distributed.
- Blockchain-powered drivers’ licenses have gone reside in South Korea, per Yeosung Kyungjae Shinmun. The licenses are hosted on smartphones through an app that hyperlinks to nationwide police databases, and might be accepted legally by police rather than plastic id playing cards. They’re additionally now authorized to be used in shops as proof of age, with comfort retailer chains stating they are going to settle for these in addition to standard plastic playing cards.
- A Venezuelan actual property company says it would allow funds in bitcoin (BTC), sprint (DASH) and different tokens. Per an Instagram submit from crypto change Veinte, property patrons utilizing the RE/MAX Gold actual property agent may also have the ability to purchase or hire industrial and residential properties utilizing litecoin (LTC).
- Solely 16% of Brazilians say they need to use crypto as a type of cost, per a research performed by the Brazilian Society of Retail and Client Firms. The research discovered that 47% of respondents mentioned they have been skeptical about using cryptocurrencies as technique of cost, with a number of the causes together with a scarcity of belief in crypto and little information or sensible expertise about how tokens can be utilized to make retail funds.
- Bitcoin rewards firm Lolli mentioned its browser extension that rewards folks with bitcoin once they store on-line, is now accessible on Microsoft Edge, says the announcement. After Mozilla’s Firefox and Google Chrome, Lolli is now coming to a newly revamped Microsoft browser, now constructed upon Chromium.
- Crypto monetary companies firm BlockFi introduced in an emailed press launch that it employed a brand new Director of Enterprise Growth for Asia. Rishi Ramchandani, former head of world and Asia equities buying and selling groups for Financial institution of America Merrill Lynch, will likely be tasked with constructing out the corporate’s enterprise within the APAC area. He will likely be primarily based in Singapore.
- Neufund, a German start-up trying to facilitate safety token choices (STO), mentioned it’s freezing all present fundraising campaigns and stopping all future tokenized fairness choices. In response to a weblog submit by the corporate’s CEO and co-founder Zoe Adamovicz, the issue lies within the nation’s lawmakers, who stored the corporate in a gray zone, not banning it, but additionally not “letting innovation occur”.
- Bitmain’s former CEO Micree Zhan proposed to purchase out the remainder of the corporate, providing different shareholders a complete of USD four billion. In an open letter revealed earlier this week, Zhan urged shopping for out co-founder Jihan Wu’s 20% stake, in addition to the staff’ possibility pool (19% stake), three unnamed co-owners (roughly 15%), in addition to different exterior buyers. Provided that the corporate’s valuation is a minimum of thrice as a lot, the media are uncertain Zhan’s provide could be taken critically.
- Choices buying and selling platform Sparrow secured USD 3.5 million in Sequence A funding, the corporate just lately confirmed in a press launch. The funding spherical was led by BitMEX’s dad or mum firm HDR Group. Different buyers embody Signum Capital, Du Capital, and FinLab EOS VC.
- In its first fairness spherical, Celsius Community Restricted raised a complete of USD 30 million, the corporate introduced in a weblog submit. The spherical was led by Tether Worldwide Restricted (the corporate behind the Tether (USDT) stablecoin), which invested a complete of USD 10 million. Celsius will stay the most important shareholder, thus maintaining full management of its lending platform.
- Decentralized crypto derivatives platform Opyn mentioned it has raised USD 2.16 million because it appears to be like to turn out to be “the first DeFi [decentralized finance] platform permitting Ether hedging and decentralized finance investments by choices.” The funding spherical was led by Haseeb Qureshi and Tom Schmidt from Dragonfly Capital. Different buyers embody Model One Ventures, Uncorrelated Ventures, 1kx, A. Capital, DTC Capital, CoinFund, in addition to a number of angel buyers. Opyn says it would use the funds to develop the workforce and develop the protocol.
- European soccer big FC Barcelona held a flash sale of its token, which offered out in lower than two hours. The FC Barcelona Fan Tokens (BAR), which have been offered by Chiliz.web and Socios.com, have gone for a complete of USD 1.Three million. At one level, the membership offered USD 777,000 price of tokens in lower than two minutes. Announcing the information through Twitter, Socios CEO Alexandre Dreyfus mentioned folks from 106 totally different international locations bought the tokens.
- Huobi Token (HT), the native ecosystem token of the Huobi Group, can now be traded as a totally compliant crypto asset on Huobi Japan. The corporate confirmed the information in a press launch, saying that Huobi Token is the primary international change token permitted by the nation’s monetary regulator – the Monetary Providers Company (FSA).
Credit score: Source link