Get your day by day, bite-sized digest of cryptoasset and blockchain-related information – investigating the tales flying below the radar of right this moment’s crypto information.
- Ethereum (ETH) miners made a complete of USD 166m from transaction charges in September, which is a brand new all-time excessive, in addition to a rise of 47% in comparison with the earlier document excessive in August, mentioned on-chain evaluation agency Glassnode. Compared, they added, Bitcoin (BTC) miners made USD 26m from charges, which is a distinction of greater than 6x.
- HIVE Blockchain Applied sciences mentioned that it achieved a document quantity of ethereum (ETH) manufacturing within the second quarter, having mined greater than ETH 32,000 (USD 11.7m) and 121,000 ethereum basic (ETC) (USD 660,000). This is a rise from the roughly ETH 25,000 (USD 9.15m) mined in HIVE’s first fiscal quarter, and greater than a 50% improve in comparison with the identical interval final 12 months. The announcement mentioned that the rise has been pushed by the continued sturdy utilization of the blockchain community, notably for decentralized finance (DeFi) purposes and stablecoins.
Crypto adoption information
- Japanese monetary big SBI has confirmed that its new professional gaming subsidiary franchise, SBI e-Sports activities, can pay its crew members their salaries within the XRP token in the event that they select to choose out of fiat wage funds. The agency may also obtain sponsorship from the SBI crypto trade subsidiary SBI VC Commerce. In an official press launch, SBI said that the franchise’s official web site and crew uniforms would bear the SBI VC Commerce insignia. SBI is Ripple’s greatest Asian associate, and its CEO, Yoshitaka Kitao, additionally sits on the Ripple board.
- Dapper Labs, creators of CryptoKitties, mentioned that its NBA Prime Shot is now accessible to customers worldwide because it turns into “the primary blockchain-based collectibles supplied in Samsung’s Galaxy Retailer.” 17,000 collectors have already been invited to NBA Prime Shot’s closed beta, the corporate mentioned.
- The MakerDAO neighborhood has determined so as to add help for 3 new tokens for the decentralized finance (DeFi) loans that generate DAI stablecoins. The three cash that are actually accessible in Maker Vaults as collateral choices are chainlink (LINK), loopring (LRC), and compound (COMP).
- Cryptoasset and blockchain funding firm KR1 has reported web belongings of GBP 8.1m (USD 10.46m) and revenue of GBP 609,000 (USD 786,000) for the primary half of 2020. Based on the press launch, the web belongings as recorded on the finish of June 2020 confirmed the “barely depressed crypto markets” following the heavy pandemic-related sell-off in March. Nevertheless, polkadot (DOT) coming to market, getting into the highest 10 cash by market capitalization, was transformational for the corporate, they mentioned, by way of return and elevated belongings on the steadiness sheet, in addition to for the long run staking income that they count on to generate.
- Bitfinex has partnered with Celsius Community to provide their customers a approach of incomes yields on their bitcoin (BTC), ethereum (ETH), and XRP holdings, Celsius confirmed. Holders needs to be eligible to earn as much as 6.2% annual share yield (APY), and the product is scheduled to go stay on October 15.
- eToro has began offering staking rewards for cardano (ADA) and tron (TRX). The primary wave of staking rewards shall be distributed in November, mentioned the announcement. eToro is engaged on providing future staking rewards on different cryptoassets, together with NEO, tezos (XTZ), EOS, and ETH 2.0.
- Hong Kong-based crypto buying and selling platform operator Diginex has grow to be the primary crypto trade operator to record on the American NASDAQ inventory trade, below the EQOS ticker image. This comes after the platform acquired the approval from the regulatory Securities and Alternate Fee (SEC) within the US, and thru a merger with a special-purpose acquisition firm (SPAC) 8i.
- The Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison has earmarked a USD 5m tranche of a tech funds funding in digital expertise to fund two blockchain tasks – as a part of a plan to dig the nation out of the coronavirus pandemic-sparked recession. In an official launch, Morrison said that the cash can be used to fund “two blockchain pilots directed at decreasing enterprise compliance prices” – and that the cash was a part of a wider USD 575m funding within the Australian tech sector.
Credit score: Source link